Jan 19, 2026

Angels Ride Shotgun: Rediscovering My 2012 Crash



Today was spent cleaning and organizing. No small task and will take more than one day for sure.

After sorting through an old cabinet, tossing faded snaps and dusty letters, I came across these pics from my 2012 motorcycle crash. I was with a group of friends riding to the Patriot Guard Riders annual Gathering of the Guard (GOTG) here in South Carolina.

Riders with me that day claimed straight-up sabotage on my bike, nothing I did wrong. But admittedly, I’ve left my share of (figuratively) dead bodies in the rearview mirror, so I had certainly earned a few enemies.
 
I was launched over the handlebars at breakneck speed, slammed into a car hood.
 
Still breathing after that? Pure miracle. Holding onto these—reminds me angels ride shotgun and I’m tougher than anything gunning me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

If something you read makes you think, remember, laugh, or simply pause for a moment, I’d love for you to leave a comment.